- Sep. 16 - Women's Volleyball vs Wilmington - W 23-25,25-23,27-25,25-22 - recap - stats
- Sep. 16 - Women's Volleyball vs Manchester - L 26-24,25-18,30-28 - recap - stats
- Sep. 15 - Women's Volleyball vs Boyce College - W 25-12,25-12,25-16 - recap - stats
- Sep. 12 - Women's Volleyball vs Calumet St. Joseph - W 25-7,25-21,25-11 - recap - stats
- Sep. 12 - Men's Golf @ St. Francis Fall Classic - 2nd of 6 - recap - results
- Sep. 9 - Men's Golf @ Olivet Nazarene Fall Invitational - 5th of 9 - recap - results
- Sep. 9 - Women's Golf @ Olivet Nazarene Fall Invitational - No Team Score - recap - results
- Sep. 8 - Men's Cross Country @ Midwest Classic - No Team Score - recap - results
- Sep. 8 - Women's Cross Country @ Midwest Classic - 4th of 4 - recap - results
- Sep. 8 - Men's Golf @ Olivet Nazarene Fall Invitational - 2nd of 9 - recap - results
ATHLETICS AT GSU
Athletics is a major part of Governors State's transformation. 2014 marked the beginning of GSU's first foray into intercollegiate athletics. GSU now fields men's and women's basketball teams, women's volleyball, men's and women's golf, men's and women's cross country at the Division II NAIA level.
As a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) the standards of eligibility acceptance requires a process in which a new student-athlete must go through the NAIA Eligiblity Center in order to gain membership to play at the collegiate level. For further assistance in this process please check out the helpful resources offered by the National Association for College Admission Counseling which provides tips for student-athletes and their families.
The Jaguar is the university's first mascot. It stands among other firsts for the university created for Fall 2014, including the first freshman class, the opening of its first student residence hall and the beginning of intercollegiate play for its first sports teams. - See more on how the Jaguar was selected at ourJaguar Nation page and meet Jax our mighty mascot.
SCHEDULE A CAMPUS TOUR
Visiting Governors State University is the best way to find out what sets us apart from other universities. You can get to know GSU with a fellow student. During the campus visit you will:
- Take a tour of our campus.
- Visit the departments and programs that interest you
- Learn about all student services the university offers you.
- Learn about our degree programs.
- Submit an application during your visit if you are ready to transfer.
We encourage all students to apply for financial aid to help make a college education affordable. However, we understand that filling out financial aid applications can be daunting. Our Financial Aid staff is available to assist you and answer your questions at 708.534.4480 or by email at [email protected].
Governors State University's financial aid code for your FAFSA is 009145.
Academics come first here at Governors State University. Our outstanding cast of professors who are both talented educators and researchers often work with students as research team members. They are also mentors with ideas to share as you look forward to the next step in your career.
Each of our colleges includes both majors and minors to prepare you for a fabulous career--or to continue your education. Whether you come to GSU as a freshman, transfer, graduate certificate or Dual Degree Program student, you'll find your fit here.
Click here to check out our list of academic programs to find the right fit for you.
Prairie Place, the first on-campus residence at Governors State University, opened this Fall 2014. Prairie Place is no ordinary college dorm. It is a state-of-the-art residence with a choice of living options:
- Two-bedroom apartments / single occupancy bedrooms
- Two-bedroom apartments / double occupancy bedrooms
- Semi-Suites / double occupancy bedrooms
- Four-bedroom apartments / single occupancy bedrooms
There are also two community kitchens on each floor. There's even an in-house classroom for meetings and events and a convenient store on the first floor.
To see a visual tour of Prairie Place and to learn more information about on-campus housing click here.
Governors State ranks as the safest public university campus in Illinois. If you include public university campuses in northwest Indiana, we are still number one. Safety is a big priority here, and we show it.